Switching Lawyers to Murphy's Law
Experience the difference: practical, common sense and cost-effective advice.
If you have a personal compensation claim in progress with another law firm and are unhappy or concerned with how things are proceeding then you may be able to switch to Murphy’s Law.
Common concerns with other law firms:
Here are a few of the common concerns we hear from clients looking to switch from other law firms.
- Lack of personal service
- Lack of updates or communication
- Not feeling confident in the team handling the matter
- Process taking longer than it should
Why Switch to Murphy’s Law?
- We treat you as an individual - our award winning team focuses on treating you as an individual, not a case number. We are proactive with communication and explain every step of the journey.
- Less cases per lawyer - Many law firms swamp their teams with 100+ cases per lawyer which makes it hard to give yours the attention it needs. We intentionally have far less cases per lawyer to provide more attention.
- Determined and tenacious - We don’t roll over at the first insurance company offer for compensation. Our experienced team keeps fighting for the best outcome.
- Better outcomes - Using smarter strategies, determination and value focused rates, we aim to get you more money in your pocket and put you in the best position to move forwards with your life.
Check if you can switch to Murphy's Law now with a free and no obligation chat
How to Switch Compensation Law Firms?
- Give us a call on 1800 094 603 or use the messenger on the site (bottom right) to get in touch. We will then provide you with a free review of your situation.
- We will then request a transfer of your file from your current law firm and review all the materials provided. We take care of the communication with the firm you wish to leave.
- We will then ask yourself for details that were not covered in the files as well as looking for gaps and opportunities to build your case further.
Will I need to pay fees to the other firm?
The fees can be transferred on a no win, no fee basis. That means you won’t have anything to pay at the point of moving firms. Your current firm passes on the file and their costs to date to us and they will be paid along with our fees if your case is successful. If your case is early on then the fees to the other firm may not be much.
Will I need to start the whole process again?
No, we will get the file moved across from your current firm. We do need to review the work to date to bring ourselves up to speed and look for gaps and opportunities to build your case.
Will it slow things down even more?
Not generally. We do need to review the work done by your current lawyer of course but if things have been going slowly with your current firm then we can soon make up speed.
Can I switch?
The ability to switch will depend on a number of things such as the stage of your claim. If for example you are at the very end of the process then it might not be in your best interests to move. We will find out more information and will only advise a switch if we think it would be to your benefit.