At Murphy's Law Accident Lawyers, our dedicated team of expert Gold Coast personal injury lawyers are committed to assisting Gold Coast residents obtaining the compensation they rightfully deserve following an accident or injury. Our expertise covers across a wide range of personal injury claims, including road accidents, workplace incidents, public liability, and medical negligence. Our goal is to simplify the legal process for you and safeguard your rights at every turn.
We assist clients with compensation claims right across the Gold Coast region from our office in Bundall and supported by our HQ office in Brisbane. You can arrange a meeting at our Gold Coast office or we can visit you at your home or convenient location such as a local café in any Gold Coast location.
We run claims on a no win, no fee basis which means no upfront costs and nothing to pay unless we secure a successful outcome.
Our Gold Coast personal injury lawyers provide an extensive selection of legal services tailored to support you during your challenging times, including compensation for injuries from:
Common Gold Coast Injuries and Their Causes
Some common injuries Gold Coast resident
Time Limits for Personal Injury Claims in Queensland
In Queensland, personal injury claims are subject to strict time limits. Ordinarily, you have a three-year window from the injury date to submit a claim. However, exceptions may apply in specific situations, such as cases involving minors or individuals with mental incapacity. To avoid missing crucial deadlines, it is vital to seek prompt legal counsel.
How Long Do Most Personal Injury Cases Take?
The duration of a personal injury case can vary depending on its complexity and the parties involved. On average, cases can take between 12 to 18 months to resolve. However, some cases may settle quicker or take longer depending on the specific circumstances.
Gold Coast No Win No Fee Lawyers
Our "No Win, No Fee" policy means that if we don't win your case, you won't have to pay our legal fees. This ensures that everyone can access our expert legal representation, regardless of their financial situation. There are no upfront costs and you only pay us for actual work done if we win and secure you a settlement.
How are Personal Injury Claims Calculated?
Personal injury claims are calculated based on several factors, including:
- The severity and nature of the injury
- Incurred medical expenses including medical treatments, surgery costs, physio sessions
- Loss of earnings and diminished future earning capacity
- Pain, suffering, and emotional distress
- Anticipated future care expenses
Each claim for compensation is unique, and our lawyers will work diligently to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. The same injury may result in very different settlement amounts for different people based on the economic impact it has. Some factors which can have a big impact include:
- Age: Loss of future earnings will typically be higher for younger workers if it's a long term injury compared to someone close to retirement age.
- Occupation: Occupation specific requirements can have a big impact on a claim value. For example, Lucas (Roofer) and Mia (Office Manager) both have a shoulder injury and make a reasonable recovery but have restrictions on heavy lifting and range of motion. After a few months Mia is able to return to full time normal work while Lucas is no longer able to be a roofer and takes a job with light duties paying significantly less than his roofer income. As a result, the claim for Lucas may be worth a lot more.
What is the Personal Injury Claims Process?
Without expert help, the personal injury claims process in Queensland can be complicated and time-consuming but our compensation lawyers will guide you through each stage. Here's a simplified breakdown of the stages typically involved.
- Seek medical attention: The first step following an injury is to seek appropriate medical care. Obtaining prompt treatment not only ensures your well-being but also establishes a medical record that will serve as evidence in your claim. You've probably done this but if not, it's important to ensure you seen a doctor to seek medical attention before trying to engage a law firm for an injury claim.
- Consult a personal injury lawyer for free initial advice: Engaging a knowledgeable personal injury law firm early in the process is crucial. Our expert team can provide can evaluate your case and help you understand your rights and pathways forward. If after a chat on the phone it looks like we can help then we can arrange a no-obligation meeting to run through the paperwork and gather the initial information to start a claim.
- Lodge a claim: Your lawyer will assist you in submitting a claim to the relevant party, whether it's an insurer, employer, or another entity responsible for your injury. Claims are typically handled on the other side by the at-fault parties insurer such as WorkCover for workers compensation or the CTP insurer of the at-fault driver for road accidents. The claim will detail the circumstances of the incident, the extent of your injuries, and any financial losses incurred.
- Investigation and negotiation: The defendant or their insurer will investigate your claim, which may involve reviewing medical records, interviewing witnesses, and assessing the scene of the incident. During this stage, your lawyer will gather evidence to support your claim and engage in negotiations with the other party to reach a fair settlement.
- Compulsory settlement conference: Queensland law mandates pre-court procedures for personal injury claims to encourage out-of-court settlements. These procedures involve exchanging information, attending a compulsory settlement conference, and making genuine attempts to resolve the matter without litigation. While a follow up conference may be required, the vast majority of settlements will happen during this stage and not proceed to court. In the small number of cases where suitable settlement cannot be reached at this stage we will investigate alternative options including filing court proceedings.
Each case is unique and our personal injury experts can help you navigate your specific situation, ensuring that your rights are protected and you receive fair compensation.
How to find our Gold Coast office?
Our Gold Coast office is located on Level 9, Wyndham Building/1 Corporate Ct, Bundall QLD 4217. This is within a modern commercial office park a short distance from HOTA (Home of the Arts).
We have 2 hours free visitor parking on-site which is directly next to the office. Once in reception, simply take the lift to level 9 and then let reception know you have arrived from your appointment with Murphy's Law Accident Lawyers.
If you are using public transport then there are bus stops nearby. Please use the Translink Journey Planner or public transport option in Google Maps to plan your trip.
As our team may have other commitments, meetings are by prior appointment only. Please call or enquire to have a free initial consultation. We can then arrange a meeting if it sounds like we can assist.
Approximate distance and travel times are shown below. Please check your Maps app for current traffic and best route.
- Broadbeach - 6.4km, 12-14 mins via State Route 3
- Surfers Paradise - 1.5km, 5 mins via Thomas Drive, Chevron Island
- Southport - 4km, 8 mins via State Route 3
- Burleigh Heads - 13km, 20 mins via State Route 3
- Robina - 12km, 20 mins via State Route 7 and 3
- Varsity Lakes - 13km, 21 mins via State Route 3
- Nerang - 9km, 15 mins via State Route 20 and Cotlew St
- Coomera - 25km, 29 mins via M1 motorway
- Helensvale - 16km, 21 mins via M1 motorway