Murphy's Law Accident Lawyers is an award winning personal injury and accident compensation law firm helping clients in the Sunshine Coast and across Queensland. Arrange an appointment in our Sippy Downs office or we can visit you anywhere on the coast including Maroochydore, Mooloolaba, Caloundra, Nambour or Noosa.
Our Sunshine Coast based accident lawyers can guide you through the compensation claim legal process, ensure your rights are protected and seek fair compensation with no upfront costs.
We offer our services on a no win, no fee basis which means nothing to pay us unless we successfully secure compensation for you. This can provide peace of mind during a difficult time.
Car and Road Accident Injury Claims
Work Injury Compensation including WorkCover claim help
Public Place Injuries
TPD (Total and Permanent Disability Claims
If you are no longer able to work again due to injury or illness then you may be entitled to an insurance claim pay-out via your Superannuation insurance or additional private policies.
What type of injuries are covered by personal injury claims?
Personal injury claims cover a wide range of injuries that are the result of someone else's negligence or wrongful act. These can include physical, emotional, and psychological injuries.
Common injury compensation claims on the Sunshine Coast include:
Personal Injury Claims Process
The personal injury claims process can be difficult to understand and daunting. Our team of professionals at Murphy's Law Accident Lawyers will walk you through each stage to get the best outcome. Here are the key steps to the typical claims process.
- Free Initial Consultation via phone: Contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case. One of our accident claim experts will run through your situation over the phone. We will assess the merits of your claim and provide advice on the legal options open to you.
- No obligation meeting: We can then arrange a meeting to discuss everything in more detail and kick off the claims process if you wish to go ahead. This can be at our Sunshine Coast office in Sippy Downs, at your home, a local café, hospital or via Zoom if needed.
- Gather Evidence: Our expert legal team will collect all necessary documentation such as medical records, accident reports, and witness statements to support your claim.
- Calculate Damages: To calculate a fair compensation figure, we'll carefully assess your losses, taking into account things like medical costs, missed wages, and pain and suffering.
- Negotiation: We will engage in negotiations with the responsible parties insurance company (such as WorkCover for work injuries or CTP insurer of at-fault driver for a road accident) to reach a settlement that adequately compensates you for your injuries.
- Settlement: The vast majority of claims are settled before going to court in what's known as a "compulsory conference". In this we meet with the legal representatives for the at-fault parties insurers to negotiate a fair settlement. If a settlement cannot be reached, there is then the option to l proceed to court. Our experienced accident lawyers will present a strong case on your behalf, seeking maximum compensation.
Throughout the claims process, our team of Sunshine Coast personal injury lawyers and our team at our Brisbane HQ will provide regular updates and support, ensuring you are informed and can focus on your recovery.
Strict time limits apply: To file a personal injury claim in Queensland you typically have three years from the date of the injury. However, there are some circumstances where this deadline is shorter and a few where it may be extended when children are involved or when the injured party has a mental incapacity. In order to prevent missing the deadline and to ensure reliable evidence can be gathered to support your case, it is crucial to get legal advice as soon as possible. All our initial consultations are free and no obligation.
How are personal injury claims calculated?
Personal injury claims are calculated based on several factors, including:
- Severity of the injury and it's ongoing impact
- Medical expenses such as doctors, specialists, surgery and rehab professionals such as physios
- Loss of income or earning capacity (past and future losses)
- Pain and suffering
- Future care costs
Each case is unique, and our lawyers will work diligently to ensure you receive fair compensation.
Finding our Sunshine Coast office
We are located within Wotso at Building 1/30 Chancellor Village Blvd in Sippy Downs close to the UniSC campus (University of the Sunshine Coast) and just off the M1 and Sunshine Coast motorways. Free parking is available outside the Wotso office.
Typical travel times from key areas of the Sunshine Coast:
- Nambour: 17km, 18 mins via Nambour Connection Rd and M1
- Landsborough: 18km, 18 mins via Steve Irwin Way (State Route 6) and M1
- Noosa: 53km, 45 mins via M1
- Buderim: 5km, 8 mins
- Coolum: 32km, 30 mins via State route 70 and Sunshine Coast Motorway
- Caloundra: 18km, 24 mins via Caloundra Rd and M1
- Maroochydore: 15km, 17min via State route 70 and Sunshine Coast Motorway
If you would like to make an appointment with our Sunshine Coast injury lawyers, please enquiry online or give us a call.